Karen D. Wood is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in private practice as a Brain Trainer and Neurotherapist (karendwood.com).
- B.A. in Fine Arts, California State University Hayward
- Masters in Social Work, California State University Fresno
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Worked as social worker in foster care and group home, where the clarity came that teaching brain and behavior allowed kids/parents to achieve more success.
- Became certified in Outcome Based Thinking, and continued exploration of incorporating brain functioning in counseling.
- Co-founder of the Clear Thinking Counseling Alliance (CTCA), a group of therapists and counselors committed to training together to help clients discover how to access their best states of mind.
- Developing concept of “art thinking,” using drawing to explore reactions, brain processing and viewing of self in the future.
- Co-facilitator for four years of a weekly support group for parents with addicted children/adults, through Prescription Abusers in Need (gotPAINUSA.com).
- Writing more books on Brain Prayers (for specific topics, i.e., brain on drugs, PTSD).
- Speaking on brain, breathing & behavior.
- Married to Russell for thirty years, with two adult sons, Drew and Parker.
- On national Board of Directors for Assemblies of God Marriage Encounter (you deserve a weekend! agme.org).
- Voracious appetite for dark chocolate, reading anything about the brain, and biographies of the journeys of people doing faith, trauma and joy.